Thursday, September 25, 2008

War


My brother left late last night for Iraq. It is so crazy that my brother, the annoying boy I grew up with, is a 26 year old man fighting for freedom in Iraq. I love Adam and I'm proud of him, but I hate war. I wish people could get along. I wish the money that was going toward the war could just be going to loving the crap out of people: providing clean water, shelter, clothing, food and an education to everyone in this world. I believe if everyone’s basic needs were met and each person had the opportunity to receive an education this world would be a much safer place. I believe that if everyone learned how to look outside of themselves and willingly served others with love, this world would experience peace. You don’t have to agree with a person to love them. You just have to see them as a human, with a life, a purpose, a family and that should be enough to love them and stop the fighting.

I know I’m idealistic and my words are not going to change the world. But I can change my world and you can change yours’. Slowly maybe something will change in the world we live in. I’m currently reading a book called Three Cups of Tea. It is about a mountain climber from America who ends up building schools for girls in remote villages in Pakistan. He gives his life to changing the world with love.

No comments: