Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Tansition


Looking back, 2008 was strange for me because this is the first year since 2002 that I have consitantly slept in the same bed every night. In college I was always traveling. Most weekends I was away visiting friends and family, attending/working retreats or went camping or on a road-trip to the beach or the lake. I then spent my summers working or traveling away from Milledgeville and Dacula.
Ironically, this is the first year in a long time where I didn't have any major transitions but, I feel like it has been one of the most transitional years I've had yet. I've learned how to live a life of consistency. It took some time to get use to. I have a bit of a wanderlust soul, but I'm okay with consistency now.

I'm looking forward to 2009. I will experience some big transitions again. I'm graduating with my Masters!! I will get a "real" job and move back out (anyone want to give me some cheap rent?). For once in my life I feel like I'm suppose to stick around Northeast GA for a little while longer. A year ago I would have told you a different story, but God has a way of changing your plans. I'm ready to let God reveal His plans for me in 2009.

I'm leaving you with a quote for 2009. I have no idea where/when I got it.
Attempt something so great for God that it is doomed to failure unless God be in it.

Happy 2009!

4 comments:

Scott said...

hi Jenna McKenna...now we can be blog buddies. when i saw the title, i thought maybe it was a play on words about how this was the year that you dealt with transistions by going to the tanning bed...then I read your post...good stuff.

oh, btw, that quote is from Randy Pope at Perimeter!

Erin Blonshine said...

This was a crazy year - and 2009 will be great! I love you and I am thankful for you! :)

Let's start our Rock Band tour sometime this year, ok? You can drum, D can sing, and I'll strum/press the buttons on the guitar. :)

We will need a cool name, though . . . and some more of those shirts and hats - totally rockin.

Love you!

Rachel said...

Hahaha...you deal with transitions by going to the tanning bed? I never knew.

I have a blog now:
popsiclesticksandglue.blogspot.com

yay!

Amy Tarleton said...

I miss you so much!!! I REALLY need to call you back soon! I love you!