Adam is still in Iraq safe and sound (he has been in one building for 3 months now..yikes!) This year Thanksgiving was in GA. Joyce, Chris and Cara journeyed down from Nashville/Franklin, TN. We had the traditional turkey and sides..mashed potatoes are my person favorite. We played games, watched the parade, plenty of cheesy Christmas movies and football (I'm still getting over uga's loss). We ate at my mom's house, my dad came over and my friend Soonok. Soonok is from Korea and is in my grad school program. It was her first Thanksgiving ever so that made it special for all of us! On Friday we then celebrated Cara's birthday. (she's 28 today!) She had read an article in Southern Living magazine about Dahlonega, so that is where we went. They actually had the annual town Christmas lighting (I always get caught in the middle of cheesy small town festivities...and secretly love it!) I'm going to leave you with some pictures and a special video that will bring you more insight into life in my crazy family.
If my dad is around on the holidays, or at a family wedding we sing this Italian drinking song. It is actually from an Opera. It's our crazy family tradition that started with my great-grandfather, everyone has one, right?
2 comments:
i miss you!!!
oh my gosh I can't beleive you posted that video
Post a Comment