Thursday, March 12, 2009

Jenna's Current Events


These are the current events of my life...

We had our first Inside-Out Girl's Weekend. When I finally laid my head down Friday night during Inside-Out I thought about this past summer when we were building out the church building. I had blisters on my hands from sweeping and I was covered in black from head to toe. Inside-Out Weekend we had 91 middle and high school aged girls laying on that newly carpeted floor. 91 girls who had Truth spoken into their lives, many for their first time. This is only the beginning. God is SO amazing!

That week I met with a lady living in the Athens Housing Authority. I am interviewing her for a school project about poverty in Athens. I was reminded of how much I love spending time in the projects. They truly value community. I encourage you to spend some quality time in the projects, you will understand.

We then had our first Battle of the Bands at New Community. It was awesome! I didn't get to stay for the whole thing, but I know the turn-out was great. The crowd was a little rough around the edges, but Ragamuffin Gospel says it best, "the church isn't a museam for saints, but a hospital for sinners."

I then took a little road trip up to Franklin/Nashville, TN. I had an amazing visit with my sisters, my good friend Melanie, and the rest of the awesome people at Harpath Community Church. It was good to get away, relax, and the weather was incredible! However, I did leave with a sense of peace that TN is a place I love to visit, but for now GA is my home.

Life is good! I'm doing what I love, and figuring out a way to eventually get paid for it...

1 comment:

Jeremy and Laura McBryar said...

I'm glad you only like to visit there.... I'd miss you so.