Saturday, May 2, 2009

Celebrating life!

Tonight I went to the BEST party ever! Close to a year and a half ago one of my best friends, Erin Blonshine, was diagnosed with Leukemia. It was some of the most difficult news I've ever received. The journey was so hard. It was difficult to watch your friend struggle. I don't cry much, but I cried a lot during that season. But, God healed Erin and she has been in remission for 13 months!

Tonight we had a big party to Praise God and celebrate Erin's first year of remission. It started off with food and fellowship. Then there was worship with a band and a video made by Erin. The night ended with kicking off our shoes and dancing. It was truly a celebration of life!

It was so powerful to watch as Erin's mom raised her hands in true worship and praise to our King. It was such a blessing to listen to her dad pour out his heart and pray over us and speak words of gratitude. It was exciting to watch Erin hug her family and friends who walked along side her through the journey.

I found myself shedding tears again tonight, but this time tears of joy. Erin is such and amazing woman. I am so thankful to call her my friend, my sister in Christ. We have much to be thankful for. God is good.

"It is good to say thank you to the Lord to sing praise...Every morning tell Him, "Thank you for your kindness," and every evening rejoice in all His faithfulness...You have done so much for me, O Lord. No wonder I am glad! I sing for joy!" -Psalm 92



Erin's in the middle. We also had a celebration today for Denise. She graduated with her Masters from GA Tech for prosthetic and orthodoxes...if you ever loose a limb, she'll hook you up ;)



Dance Par-tay!



Cancer is defeated!

2 comments:

Melanie said...

love it, Jenna...this is awesome

Jennifer said...

yay for Erin! what a trying year last year was and look how we can praise God for the outcome!

good to see you last night jenna -- lets hang out again soon my friend!