Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Campaign for Real Beauty


This morning I was taking full advantage of my week off by watching the Today Show. They were talking about the Opening Ceremonies of the Olympics and how China has admitted that the little girl who sang really was lip-synching. The seven-year-old girl whose voice they used was deemed as not pretty enough.

This information made me so frustrated! Could you imagine being seven-years-old and being told by your country that you’re not pretty enough? This is why girls have so many issues…women have so many issues! I can’t go into a women’s dressing room without hearing people complain about their bodies. I’m guilty of it too. Growing up I was told more than once that I was not pretty enough. Those lies cut deep. I believe every person deserves to stand feel secure in who they are and see the beauty God sees and society so often denies. I’ve talked with too many females who have eating disorders; cut themselves; are in abusive relationships; dress provocatively for attention; sleep around; want, or have received plastic surgery. It’s not just kids and teenagers dealing with these issues. Through my experiences grown women are the ones leading the insecurities train.

After the show's segment a Dove commercial came on. We need more companies like Dove.

No comments: