Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Kendra's dream


One of my college roommates Kendra Killian sent me an email w/ this dream she had about me. As she said it's a bit long but it made me laugh, so w/ her permission I'm sharing:

DREAM: You were getting married!!! I had never met the groom, but had heard lots about him. You two had a very short romance. You actually said you thought it made you closer because you had never actually touched- kissed, held hands, any contact. But,you were blissfully happy, as was everyone else. (This dream was very realistic, and very detailed)

Your dress was beautiful. There was a small cranberry accent, either at the waist or the bottom, and you had on cranberry ballet flats that just barely poked out. It was such a cute little detail!! (Maybe I'll steal it from you for my wedding, or, since it's my dream, maybe it is my own idea.) Your hair was curly and halfway up in a beautiful twist. I believe the bridesmaids were Rachel McKenna and Carrie Ann. Their dresses were floor-length teal, but they still completely matched your dress. Everyone was happy and excited and GORGEOUS! I showed up to the dressing room to see you before the wedding- still never having seen the groom- then (and this is where it gets weird) I sat down next to my mom in the church and you came down the aisle standing on a ski boat that floated up to the altar.

Then, I was trying to remind my mom to turn off her cell phone, and, next thing I know, we are on a boat for the reception. At this point, I have still never seen the groom. You, me and the bridesmaids escape into a back room to get everything together. For some reason, I am in charge of collecting everybody's stuff- hairspray, bobby pins, shoes, etc.

So, out to the reception- on a boat. I am still trying to get my mom to put her cell phone on silent, but it's in a giant tote bag and she can't find it. I find it for her, turn around and she is gone. You are out on the floor dancing- now wearing a dress matching your bridesmaids- but I don't remember if it was cranberry or teal. Your groom isn't there. I don't think I ever saw him. You said that you were no better, no more special than anyone else, and you didn't want to stand out in the wedding dress. You just wanted to be part of the party. I am searching top and bottom of the boat for my mom because I can't turn off her cell phone, but I still think it's deathly important for it to be off.

I find my mom chatting with your mom and a mutual friend. She still does not want to turn off her phone, then she gets a call, and says that she MUST leave. But, the boat goes back to shore about every 15 minutes, so she is okay. Then, I look for you and you are coming out of the changing room in your bathing suit and goggles. You say something like "Why waste all this water. I really want to get in a good swim" Well, it's your day. Do whatever you want.

I am watching you swim, then I see a girl I dove with in high school, except she is in the special olympics because she is now in a wheelchair. She has a special chair that allows her to flip in the air and then float once she lands.

The End, I hope that entertained you for a while!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

hahahahaha...that made me laugh so hard, and cry some big ole tears! i couldn't even get through the last paragraph, i kept having to stop and get some air and to be able to keep on reading! ya'll are a trip!