
Some men from our church are on there way tonight down to Florida to pick up a halfpipe for our youth. For those of you who are a little unsure of the lingo I provided a picture. Essentially a halfpipe is a huge skate rape that is shaped like a pipe cut in half. I have a feeling in this season of my life I will be learning a whole new skater lingo. Maybe I'll create a dictionary and share. This might come as a surprise to some of you ;) ...but I'm not really big into skating. Maybe once I figure out the whole walking thing without tripping I'll try skating, but until then I'm good. I'll learn the language and watch (sometimes with my eyes closed). But, I am excited because this halfpipe is going to be a huge component in creating youth culture in Jackson County. It's cool to think about the possibilities it brings. How many students are going to come skate after school instead of getting into trouble? How many students will get to try skating for their first time? How many students are going to become skaters now that they have a place to skate? How many students are going to come who have never felt the love of Christ? How many students will keep coming for more love? This excites me! I will never be a skater, but I'm Lover!

Another term I learned today is a RipStik (pictured). I've seen them a lot lately at the park and it's good to put a name with the face....I feel old.
2 comments:
HA! Jenna...just wait. You say you're not a skater now...I fought it for like 3 years and then 3 months ago, I caved and stepped onto a skateboard. I actually am enjoying learning...it's only a matter of time for you, my friend :)
Jenna! My dad's best friend in Destin built that ramp!!! that's awesome!
...btw, cough cough, it's a skate ramp, not a skate rape hehe
Post a Comment